Mid-America Horse Show Association (MAHSA) will host the 2020 Spring Fling Horse Show at the Ledges Sporting Horses in Roscoe, Ill., March 26-29.
“We are pleased to welcome our exhibitors to Ledges Sporting Horses as we kick off the 2020 show season in a comfortable, well-run facility that is conveniently located for our members and their families,” said Marilou Wilschke, MAHSA President.
The Spring Fling Horse Show is an early season opportunity for exhibitors and trainers to try out new combinations, introduce new exhibitors to the show ring, and prepare themselves for the show season ahead.
New this year, the show has added an academy division to the schedule and will be awarding double points for all classes that will count towards MAHSA end-of-year high point awards. Spring Fling is the first leg of the MAHSA Series Championship, a special program for exhibitors who show at all three MAHSA sponsored events during the year. In addition, Spring Fling is a registered ASHA Star Show and has also joined the Monarch Network for the 2020 season.
Ledges Sporting Horse is a fully enclosed and heated facility located in northern Illinois with convenient access to the interstate. Other features include:
- Warm water wash racks
- 250 permanent stalls with steel doors on dirt flooring (no mats needed)
- Ample parking for exhibitors as well as trucks, trailers and RV hook-ups
- On-site grill and snack shop
- Comfortable lounge space for hospitality events
The Spring Fling Horse Show features a full slate of classes for Saddlebreds, Hackney Ponies, Equitation, Open Breed and Academy classes. Double “A” circuit and “B” circuit points will be awarded. Judging the Spring Fling Horse Show will be Marie Bouvet of Murfreesboro, Tenn.
MAHSA plans to provide plenty of hospitality and events throughout the Spring Fling Horse Show:
- Each morning begins with coffee and treats in the show office.
- Thursday evening will feature a popcorn stand as the show kicks off the first leg of the Mid-America Series Championship competition.
- Friday evening is the 6th annual Trainer's Hop-A-Long with $400 in prize money at stake for the winning team and an Exhibitors’ Viewing Party featuring a wide selection of appetizers and desserts accompanied by a beverage selection including wine and beer.
- Saturday evening is Stake Night when MAHSA hosts an Exhibitors’ Party featuring a chili buffet accompanied by a beverage selection including wine and beer.
MAHSA continues to offer the option of requesting “to be announced” (TBA) classes. To request a TBA class for Spring Fling contact Cheryl Rangel, Show Manager at TracesCT@aol.com or 847-537-4743.
Special room rates for Spring Fling Horse Show have been secured at the Best Western in South Beloit, Ill. and the Marriott Fairfield in Beloit, Wisc. These hotels, as well as many others, are located in close proximity to the show grounds.
About Mid-America Horse Show Association
Mid-America Horse Show Association, incorporated in 1939, is a 501(c)(7) non-profit organization pledged to providing an environment for members to fully realize and enjoy their involvement with American Saddlebred horses, Hackney ponies and Roadsters through competitions, education and other equine related activities.
Mid-America is one of the largest charter clubs of the American Saddlebred Horse Association with members who are owners, trainers, exhibitors and admirers of these horses and ponies, as well as riders of Saddle Seat Equitation.
The organization produces three shows a year and is engaged in a regional circuit of 25 affiliated A, A/B and B rated shows in Illinois and surrounding states where members earn points toward year-end awards.
Mid-America is a charter member of the American Saddlebred Horse Association (ASHA) and is affiliated with the United States Equestrian Federation (USEF), the Horsemen's Council of Illinois, and supports the American Saddlebred Museum.