The Tanbark Cavalcade of Roses Horse Show, Minnesota’s largest and most competitive Saddlebred show, returns for the 62nd annual event on June 22-25, 2016, at the State Fairgrounds in St. Paul, Minnesota. Judging the show will be: Tara Wentz-Goosley (Orefield, PA), Cindy Mugnier (Belchertown, MA), and Lewis Eckard (Hidebran, NC). The three-judge panel will judge Saddlebreds, Hackneys, Equitation, Academy and Open classes. Cindy Mugnier will judge the Morgan classes.
Tanbark is more than just a horse show. It’s full of special features like ASHA Junior Judging, the Tanbark Hall of Champions with banners to recognize great horses, exhibitor parties, hospitality bags for sponsors, hospitality galore and that warm Minnesota welcome.
Here are some of the things that make Tanbark terrific.
• Roving dinner carts will come to your stalls as you set up on Monday evening.
• A free tack stall for stables new to Tanbark or stables that haven’t been to Tanbark since 2013 and enter at least 5 horses.
• Kids who love Saddlebreds and horse shows can try their skills at judging as part of the ASHA Junior Judging program. Top young judges will be honored with ribbons and awards.
• Tanbark is a USEF-rated show for Saddlebreds, Morgans and Hackney Ponies, so horses can earn points toward a “CH”.
• We’re encouraging people to wear pink and orange on Friday evening and we’ll sell pink and orange ribbons. Proceeds will go to our local American Cancer Society and Multiple Sclerosis Society chapter.
• The Tanbark Hall of Champions where you can honor your special horse with a banner hung in our party area. Funds support our hospitality.
• A stick horse class, followed by an ice cream social for participating kids.
• A growing vendor area for your shopping pleasure.
• A silent auction that benefits the show’s charities.
Tanbark offers a complete schedule of over 160 classes for Saddlebreds, Morgans, Hackney Ponies and equitation, including UPHA Classics, qualifying classes for all the equitation finals, , and academy classes. The Morgan division includes classes for English, Western, Hunter, Driving, Classics and Pleasure. We will continue to offer Jackpot classes in the Saddlebred division; there is no qualification necessary for the Jackpot classes. A few To Be Determined classes will again be included that enable adding classes to the schedule by request after the prize list has gone out.
You’ll love Tanbark’s outstanding exhibitor hospitality. Sponsor a class for $150 or more and receive a box seat and ringside treats in a special Tanbark Goodie Bag. Enjoy daily exhibitor parties and events, a wonderful hospitality area and one of the finest center-ring displays anywhere. The food service in the Coliseum serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with a wide variety of items, including many healthy choices. In keeping with the show’s rose theme, all winners get a rose bouquet with their trophy. Championship trophies are from Appointments USA, Inc.
Tanbark supports some great causes. Tanbark proceeds benefit the We Can Ride therapeutic riding program, Saddlebred Rescue, American Cancer Society, and National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Upper Midwest Chapter. Since 2004, Tanbark has contributed over $20,000 to these organizations.
Exhibitors can browse the vendor area in the coliseum. And the fairgrounds are just one mile from attractions like beautiful Como Park and its zoo, conservatory, Japanese Garden and golf course for a relaxing break between horse show sessions.
Tanbark is approved by the United States Equestrian Federation, American Saddlebred Horse Association, Tri-State Horseman’s Association, Minnesota Saddlebred Horse Association, Mid-America Horse Shows Association, Iowa Horse Shows Association, American Saddlebred Association of Wisconsin, American Morgan Horse Association and American Hackney Horse Society.
Follow Tanbark through our website, Tanbarkshow.com and don’t forget to Like us on Facebook. Show managers are Sally Snyder Tesch and Doug Lindstrom. For more information, please contact Sally at (763) 559-4896, email@example.com, or Doug at (715) 386-3966, firstname.lastname@example.org.